Here’s a delicious recipe of khatti meethi dal or sweet and sour dal. Learn how to make khatti meethi dal.
- 1 cup Bengal gram
- 100 gm beet root
- 50 gm groundnut
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 dried dates
- 50 gm jaggery
- 1/2 cup tamarind juice
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 1 piece cinnamon
- 2 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp clarified butter
- 1 tblsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- a pinch of asafetida
- 2-3 chilly paste
- Rinse Bengal garm and add beet root pieces to it and cook in a cooker.
- When cooked add turmeric powder,salt,coriander powder,jaggery,dry dates,tamarind juice,curry leaves,groundnut,chilly paste and boil.
- Prepare the seasoning-Heat oil and add asafetida,cloves,butter,cumin seeds,mustard seeds,cinnamon.
- Add to the gram and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂
You may try other Dal Recipes –
Arhar Dal | Arhar Dal With Mango | Chana Dal | Chana Dal Payasam | Daal Makhani | Dal Nawabi | Gujarati Dal | Dal Maharani | Masala Dal | Masoor Dal | Manchmel Daal | Moong Dal | Panchmel Dal | Moong Dal With Palak | Parsi Dal | Sukhi Daal | Toor Daal | Urad Dal |