Moong dal with palak is a nutritious recipe as it combines the goodness of veggies with protein. It is delicious too. Here is a easy to make spinach moong dal.
- 1 cup split Green Gram Lentil (Moong Dal)
- 3 cup chopped Spinach (Palak)
- a pinch of Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder (Lal Mirchi)
- 1 tsp Asafetida (Hing)
- 2 tblsp Butter
- 1 tsp chopped Garlic (Lasun)
- 1 tsp chopped Ginger (Adrak)
- 1 tblsp fresh Cream (optional)
- Wash and soak the gram for 30 minutes.
- Boil some water in a pan.
- Add the spinach leaves and cook the leaves for a minute over a high flame till the leaves are cooked.
- Drain the leaves and when cool grind in a blender. remove and keep aside.
- Cook the dal, turmeric powder, chilly powder and the salt in a pressure cooker.
- When the dal is cooked remove from the flame and keep aside.( make sure the dal is dissolved in the water, if the water was not sufficient add some more water and cook the dal again in a pan . use a wooden spoon to mash the dal).
- Transfer the dal to a pan and add the spinach paste. mix thoroughly.
- Cook over a low flame for 2 minutes.remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan . Add the garlic and fry for till the garlic turns light brown in color.
- Add the ginger and the asafoetida and fry for a few seconds over a low flame.
- Add the dal and mix thoroughly. Remove from the flame and serve hot garnished with cream.
- Enjoy with Family and Friends. 🙂
You may try other Dal Recipes –
Arhar Dal | Arhar Dal With Mango | Chana Dal | Chana Dal Payasam | Daal Makhani | Dal Nawabi | Gujarati Dal | Dal Maharani | Masala Dal | Masoor Dal | Manchmel Daal | Moong Dal | Panchmel Dal | Parsi Dal | Sukhi Daal | Toor Daal | Urad Dal | Khatti Meethi Dal